As demand for renewable energy increases, solar developers are faced with a complex challenge: how to maintain aggressive permitting schedules mandated by tax credit legislation, Renewable Portfolio Standards, and other economic incentives while substantively addressing the environmental concerns of stakeholders and regulators, including large scale land use conversion, water consumption in desert and water constrained environments, and biological and cumulative project impacts.
At E & E, we work proactively with clients to address issues at the earliest possible stages of development. Our multidisciplinary staff of experienced environmental professionals has worked on solar projects totaling 3,565 MW. We understand federal, state and local regulations and have the depth and breadth of expertise required to complete specialized studies and permit even the toughest projects cost-effectively and on schedule.
Our collaborative approach results in a level of trust and objectivity with regulatory agencies and the public that provides added credibility during the critical early development stages. This helps us to facilitate the successful negotiation of realistic permit conditions and reasonable mitigation measures.
- Solar Intensity Monitoring & Data Management
- Visual Resources Studies
- Archaeological/Cultural Resource Assessments
- T/E Species Studies & Habitat Displacement Evaluation
- Desert Tortoise, Mojave Ground Squirrel, etc.
- Siting Constraints Analysis
- Land Use Planning & Conditional Use
- Water Resource Availability & Impacts
- Facility Siting Analysis
- NEPA/State Permitting & Document Preparation
- Environmental Monitoring During Construction & Mitigation
- GIS-Based Data Management & Mapping
- Community Outreach & Involvement