Mitigation & Prevention
While the occurrence of emergencies may be inevitable, government can take direct actions to plan to reduce or prevent an emergency before it occurs and to mitigate or minimize the impacts of events that do occur. To reduce the overall impact when an incident occurs, businesses must review their vulnerabilities, generate lists of needed improvements, and implement these improvements to effectively mitigate the threats posed.
E & E’s strength in meeting the challenges of emergency mitigation and prevention lies in the breadth of our multidisciplinary staff and resources. Our Emergency Response and Planning staff works together with environmental planners, scientists, hazardous materials specialists, and land use planners to develop comprehensive mitigation programs and conduct technical research and analysis. Our expertise in this area grows from our experience in site assessment as part of safety and environmental compliance audits.
We assess critical infrastructure for gaps that can leave facilities exposed to the threat of attack. Our tools include Sandia Laboratory methodologies (RAM-W and VAM), Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS), American Chemical Council (ACC), and the American Petroleum Institute (API) approaches to Security Vulnerability Assessment. Most recently, E & E personnel have been applying those approaches identified in federal regulations such as the US Coast Guard’s Navigation and Vessel Information Circulars (NVIC).
- Community Land Use & Environmental Planning
- Environmental Risk Assessment
- Community Resiliency Planning
- Risk Management (Institutional) Resilience Analysis & Planning
- Geographic Information System/Information Technology (GIS/IT) Environmental Assessment
- Hazard Identification & Vulnerability Analysis
- Threat Assessments
- All Hazard Mitigation Planning
- Gap Analysis & Institutional Change Programs
- Facility Security & Vulnerability Assessments
- Regulatory Compliance & Gap Analyses
- Facility Safety, Environmental & Hazard Auditing
- Site Assessments & Environmental Remediation
- Damage Assessments & Debris Management